Open the MEME Box! #57 Dry & Sensitive Skin

11/27/2014

Hey dudes and dudettes!

I'm so happy to announce I've received my first ever MEME Box!
I made a video of unboxing it:


   


And I'll write a little bit more info about the products inside here.

You can order your own MEME Box from here. It's a mystery box with 6 full size themed Korean cosmetics/skincare products. The boxes vary from $25-35, which in my opinion is a great deal for 6 full size products! There's free shipping option for the UK, US and Asia. There's many different themes, including boxes with hand-picked items by online celebrities such as CutiePieMarzia and Pony.

1. Zamian Trouble Skin Handmade Soap Ac'xxii



It's a really interesting face soap. I don't usually use soaps, as they tend to be quite harsh on the skin, but since this one has a lot of moisturising ingredients I'll give it a go.
Ingredients: Manuca honey, teatree oil, coconut milk, lavender oil, propolis, snail filtrate, palm oil, houttuynia cordata, licorice root extract, jojoba oil, sheabutter, alkyl poly glucosides, sodium, hyaluronate, distrilled quater, cantella asiatica extract, triciosan

EDIT Update: The pH of the soap with water appears to be between 7 and 8

2. The Yeon Jeju Hallabong Energy Mild All-in-one Serum




I still think it smells like grapefruit. Apparently it's made from a fruit called Hallabong (a.k.a. Dekopon) which grows only on the Jeju Island and is rich in Vitamin C. It seems quite strong, I'm not sure I'll use it on a daily basis, it stays a bit sticky, the texture reminds me of my AHA serum. I just tried it on my skin and it seemed to absorb faster than I thought it would.

Ingredients are all in Korean, sadly.


3. Pedison Nutritive Infusion Cream



I'll be honest - I don't use a lot of body creams, so I'm no expert, but I'm actually quite happy there's a body cream in my box. That's the reason I bought a box - I don't know what's inside and chances are if I was choosing items to buy on my own, I most likely wouldn't buy a body cream. For all I know I've been missing out on a lot of good things, simply because I keep buying things from my 'safe zone' if you know what I mean. That's why I like the idea of these boxes so much - to try out things that I wouldn't otherwise try. It sounds really good - I'll let you know how it goes!

Ingredients are once again in Korean, but it says there's 0% Preservatives and perfume or colorants, which works for me!

4. Anacis Triactive Dermatis Intensive Cream



I have high hopes for this cream. I looked up the brand and it seems like the kind of medical products you get from a dermatologist. I see a lot of good reviews online, so I'm hopeful! I tried it on today and despite the thick texture it's quite light on the face and absorbs almost instantly.

Ingredients are... extremely long and with a TINY font, I honestly can't read all of them. It's a little bit crazy what a long list it is.

5. Migabee Botanical Moisture Mist for Body

(middle)

It appears to be a quite natural moisturiser for body, in mist form. It has aloe vera, verbena, red ginseng and camellia oil, which sounds great. I'm a big fan of red ginseng products and tea myself, so I'm looking forward to see if this actually makes a difference! 


6. Pureplus+ Lip Treatment Strawberry



It's a really thick, sticky lip balm. You can feel it on your lips, it's not very easy to spread across your lips, because of its texture and it makes your lips feel really hot. And all of these things make me think that it's actually working. I've been using it almost the whole day today and I haven't had any flying dead skins, as usual. I tend to be a bit of a lip-picker as well - it really bugs me if there's a piece of dead skin on there. I use lip exfoliator at least once a day for that reason, but this lip treatments seems to just burn them off or heal them with magical powers. I love it. My only concern would be, because of the texture I'll most likely run out really quickly, as you have to apply quite a bit.

Ingredients include sheabutter, snail extract and grape seed oil. It has high concentrates of collagen.


And these are all the products! Thanks for watching and reading guys. I shall report back to how I feel about these products after using them for a while. Keep an eye out on my twitter or instagram - I will most likely share the good experiences there!

4 comments :

  1. Ohh so jealous that you got this box! I have dry skin as well! Nice video review >O<

    Jessie @ bijou-heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jessie!


    Glad you enjoyed it :3~
    I think I'll order another MEME Box! They're just too awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the lip treatment in the Honey Box and the only time I used it, I got one of those horrible lip pimples (disgusting, I know but I almost never break out so it was worth noting) on my top lip. Loved your video, you're my official unboxer now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it and sorry to hear about your experience :(
    Honey, from my experience, can be a hit and miss quite often. People can be very sensitive to honey-based products, so I try not to risk it in general. I recently received my Black Friday #5 box and there was a nice Raspberry lip balm in it - I quite like it as it moisturises a lot and it stays on forever, but it may be causing the same lip pimples for me as well.. will write on it soon! Wanted to give the products a little bit more time for testing before writing this time :)

    ReplyDelete