Winter Skincare Routine

1/10/2015

Hello dudes and dudettes,

I'm back, after a loooong winter holiday to talk about harsh weather and how to deal with it. Also about a few new products that I've found and absolutely love! image

I went back to my parents, in Bulgaria, for a week. It was -10 C over there and I almost froze to death. The last time I left the UK in the winter was almost 7 years ago, so I've grown quite used to the 'winter' here, which is pretty warm compared to most other European countries. The wind is the only issue, so extra moisture is still required. Cold wind is my skin's worst enemy.


Here is what I'm using as an AM routine right now:
Instagram media by pandida - my morning rotation! feeling fresh and good now~ 💆✨#skincare #hadalabo #theyeon #memebox #milk #toner #serum #snail #bee #cream #oriflame #trueperfection #moisturizer

From left to right: Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion (Toner, kind of), The YEON Jeju Hallabong Serum (as seen in my MEME Box), Hada Labo Gokujyun Milk, Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream, Oriflame True perfection Day Cream and Oriflame True Perfection undereye roller cream.

The only non-asian products are Oriflame, which is a Swedish brand. My mom works for them so she keeps sending me freebies - I can't complain. It's a rather nice brand with unique way of distributing (they're not sold in any shops, you need to know an oriflame consultant or become one yourself) and mostly organic ingredients without anything harsh. I hear they're quite popular in eastern Europe. Downside of the brand, for me personally, is that they don't have any light shade foundations/bbcreams. They run a bit too dark for my skintone. Which I find odd, considering they're a Swedish brand, where people are mostly pale and blond. (/stereotype)

As you can see I have 3 products for moisturising in this routine - starting with the milk, then the Snail Bee cream and then the True Perfection cream. Before the winter kicked in, I was only using the milk, without any other moisturiser after. Just for comparison. For my PM routine I usually use a different serum, be it the C20 one or AHA Peeling Serum, depending if I have any breakouts or not and finish it with the Mizon Returning Starfish cream, instead of the Oriflame one. Occasionally use a sleeping pack too, but only if my skin feels extra dry. I think the Starfish Cream does its job quite well, so it's rarely necessary.

I love all of these products a lot and I would recommend them to anyone. What I was most impressed by though was the Snail Bee cream. I didn't expect much of it, as I've used other Benton creams and they've been good, but not amazing or anything. This cream leaves my skin like baby bottoms. The first time I tried it, I loved the finish so much I just went outside without any makeup after it. Which is extremely rare for me. It has a matte finish, so it looks really natural and it leaves your skin feeling soft and healthy. I just love how you can instantly see a difference.


That being said about my winter routine, I'd like to move on to my new favourite things (not just products):

Instagram media by pandida - Yesss!!! It's here~ 🎶✨😘 #berrisom #liptint #korean

You may have heard of this, it's the Berrison Lip Tint 'Tattoo' as people call it. You put it on, wait 10min, then peel it off and the lip tint can stay on your lips up to 24 hours. I tested it and it was on my lips all day, even after eating and drinking, the colour was still bright and lovely and it didn't fade out in spots, even though my lips were really chapped that day and I didn't exfoliate them beforehand (impatience). image

Here's a video I found of how it works and the different swatches, I chose Pure Pink:


Here is how the Pure Pink looked on me, sorry for crappy front cam quality, will definitely make a better one soon:
Instagram media by pandida - now let's see how long it lasts! #berrisom #liptint

One thing I would note about this product is the obvious risks - it is rather drying. I wouldn't use it without a lip balm after. I still reuse my normal lip balm all day, on top of this lip tint.

Another favourite product this month is Michelle Phan's EM Contour and Highlighter Stick:
Instagram media by pandida - Guess what arrived!??! I can't wait to try it out!!! @michellephan @emcosmetics #emcosmetics

I just LOVE smart and practical items like this. When you have multiple things in one item, not just because it's smart, but because it saves so much time that I honestly can't spare on makeup every day. I wish I could, but I have a job, a hobby and I hate mornings. This is a stick, not a powder, from liquid that is both a highlighter and a 'bronzer', kind of. Used for contouring super fast.


Just apply the contour as desired and then blend it using a blender sponge or your fingers. I also found a cute little guide on how to contour depending on your face shape:
how to flatter your face shape

I myself also use it under my cheekbones, to give them that little edge. If I could make my face somehow look like Olivia Wilde's I could die happy.

Here is how I contour my face:
Instagram media by pandida - "Hey Missy, you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind" #red #redhead #hair #hairstyle #glasses #selfie
(I also dyed my hair more red than it was before, tell me what you think about it! I'm still getting used to it...)

I believe I have an oblong shaped face, at least that's what the lipstick on the mirror test result was (where you draw your face with a lipstick on the mirror lol).

I'd also highlight the eyebrow arch if I'm showing my eyes, but the bangs cover that for me.

Another favourite winter item is this:
Instagram media by pandida - keeping warm at home!!! #uggs #slippers #warm #fuzzy #winter

Me and my boyfriend got matching ones- pretty cute, right? :3
These are life-saviours at home during the cold season. I personally always have cold limbs. No matter how warm it is - my hands and feet are always freezing, hence I'm one of the first people to put on mittens and warm boots when it gets colder. These little 'home uggs' (due to a lack of better term) are the best. And cute.
image

And last, but not least, don't forget to stay warm, happy and hydrated during the winter! Sheet masks and cats are essential:

Instagram media by pandida - things got real. #sheetmask #silly #beauty #cat #lapcat #skincare #nye

(I will regret posting this photo later... it just felt too good at the time)





P.S.: I am also a huge fan of Reddit and the lovely people of /r/asianbeauty !


No comments :

Post a Comment