Collectable Tuesday: Figures, GamesCom edition

8/26/2014

Hello dudes and dudettes,
image

Today is a rainy day. So was yesterday. And so will be the rest of the week. Welcome to the rainy season in England. It sucks  (╥_╥)

Looking on the bright side, it's time for some awesome overpriced figures from GamesCom time! But a little bit before that, here's my top 5 tips to all the collectors and collectors-in-the-making out there:
1. Never ever buy rare toys from expos - they will be 99% more expensive than anywhere online.
2. Preferably try to find a small local store for toys, or import from Asia. It's cheaper 90% of the times as people pay a lot of money to import them in big stores and they have to make that money back somehow. Buying them from the origin country is the best option. 
3. Have a dedicated spot for them in your home, ideally in a shelf and dust them often. By often I mean once every 1-2 weeks. I have a special toothbrush I use for my toys, wet wipes and repaint them when they're worn off, have damage from my cat or just have dull colours (repainting is awesome!)
image
Important Note: If you're looking to buy awesome rare figures directly from Japan for the cheapest price, send me a mail to rossiaivanova@gmail.com and I'm happy to offer my services to buy them for you on a discounted price, fast shipping for a small fee. I just love helping out fellow collectors out there. No scams please.

Here's some of my favourites from GamesCom that are now on my wishlist. Some of them are quite old, some are new!






(gotta catch 'em all!)


High five to all the people out there who remember Arale!


Can't say 'no', when it already says 'yes'


Must. have. everything. Persona.




I just really like cake, okay? No judging.


Will always have you in my dreams, nurse.... in the nightmares that is.


I just love this Chi Chi!


...and the Android 18 in the background too!


Sorry for the terrible reflections, but yes - I would like to take the Lich King home...


I want a small room made out of plushies where I can dive in when I'm feeling down - instant happy-maker.


Best seller on the Play Arts booth for a reason.


I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did. I know I left some drool on my keyboard while writing.
Let me know what your favourite collectibles are in the comments below and what you'd like to see more of!

3 comments :

  1. Well my favorite is probably my White Rock Shooter figma but I don't have many others in the collection since I'm extremely picky about figure sculpts. (I've dropped off pre-orders for seeing a face sculpted slightly wrong in photos.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good choice! Quality is indeed everything in figures and they do manage to get the face wrong far too often. I also don't like joints at all :(


    My personal faves are the Nendoroids - they're just too adorable and I can't say no to cuteness! Too bad they're so overpriced. But quality is pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! If I'm spending so much money I expect there to be a small amount of flaws but facial ones are a big no for me. I usually automatically say no to Figmas but figures that hide it well or with characters who actually have joints get a pass.



    Nendos are pretty adorable! I've been meaning to get a Kurisu one for a while but I'm always late to decide if I want one or not so the only one I have at the moment is the Rachel Alucard Petit Nendo I got with my Blazblue CP LE.

    ReplyDelete