Gaming Thursday: I am Groot, the Witcher Edition.

8/21/2014

Hello there dudes and dudettes,


I actually wanted to sum up the last month for gaming/films/geeky stuff in this post, since I've been away, but there's so much happening I don't even know how to put it all in one post, so I'll just feature the most exciting things. 



Like Guardians of the Galaxy!!! Holy shit guys did you watch it?!?! I saw it TWICE and going for a third time when it comes out on Blueray. I LOVE this film. And I am also extremely proud of my amazing boyfriend for working on it!




Also, if you haven't read the reboot of the comics form last year - you should! It's amazing. And it has Iron Man (and Gamorra is a little bit less amused and more bad-ass).


Another thing that I've been extremely hyped about, especially after GamesCom is The Witcher: Wild Hunt. I swear, them Polish CDPR sure know how to please the RPG fans. I can see myself easily spending hundreds of hours in this game. If you haven't seen the 35min gameplay on youtube yet, check it out!



Of course the biggest talk of the internet has been P.T. - the Silent Hills Playable Teaser. I have to admit, the IDEA itself is amazing, I hope that in the future more developers create a playable teaser, instead of a flashy trailer with no actual gameplay. It really made me happy just to see this exist and be successful - the whole anticipation and mystery around it. Especially when it's a creepy ass horror game like that - it really works. The less you know, the more scared you get. And that Teaser was just intense, I mean, how did these people who finished it first even know what to do?!?! I don't have a PS4 yet, waiting for xmas sales, but I watched all the playthroughs on youtube I could find and I almost crapped my pants.


(brr soo creepy... I screamed a lot)

Good News Everyone! Doctor Who is coming back this weekend and this time the Doctor is not the nice and quirky guy you know! ...or that's what they said. I was a little bit disappointed with the latest Doctor Who, it was a tiny bit too Disney for my tastes. I'm hoping it was missing that Scottish spunk that Tennant brought into it and now we have a new Scott to bring it back


I also have a new addition to my MUST-HAVE wishlist:

Isn't it the most adorable zergling you've ever seen? Now I want an army of it, so I can zerg rush people with cuteness.

One of the hyped games on GamesCom was Life is Strange, which is something we're publishing at Square Enix and I've been lucky enough to play a little and watch people play. I have to say I'm in love with the game. It has a very unique feel to it and the characters are amazing. Can't wait to play more!

There was actually an awesome meeting room at GamesCom designed after the room in the game - a teenage bedroom with the american flag, all messy and all.  Here's a picture:
IMG_0096

The cool part is that people had to sit on the bed and on the floor to play the game. 



What was your favourite game of GamesCom? Share in the comments below!





2 comments :

  1. My favorite was P.T. since I love horror games~! It was pretty fun streaming and finding stuff in the game with other people so it was pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'exciting' is understating it. I still get scared when she pulls the bathroom door. I'd love to stream that, maybe when the game comes out my internet will be less shit :(

    ReplyDelete