Report: GamesCom '14!

8/18/2014

Hey dudes and dudettes!


I know it's been a long time
I've been very busy, but I'm back and I'm here to report from my first ever GamesCom! 
It was far more chaotic and crazy than I ever imagined it would be. I am seriously starting to doubt if it's really worth it to go there as a fan to actually play games, considering that the average queue wait time was 3 hours. I mean... how do you even go to the toilet, if you have to?

I managed to get some really awesome photos of figures and cosplayers though! Got some nice loot as well 

Taking photos of so many cosplayers and having the chance to chat with them really made me wish I was cosplaying as well - it seems like SO MUCH fun!
It was a little bit awkward when I had to direct them too much though, because not every cosplayer knows how to model or look for light or have any idea how the picture will look like. I don't expect them to, of course, they're already extremely talented in making costumes, but I feel like I'm being too pushy sometimes, when the poses they do are just extremely unflattering 

Now, less talk more pictures! Here's the first thing you see when you go into the halls at the venue:

crazy, right? and that wasn't even during the weekend.

That's the view from the Square Enix booth inside Hall 9:


and the most popular sell from the Square Enix Store booth in Merchandise:

he is pretty awesome...

and here are the awesome cosplayers:

Cosplay by Fae La Blanche. Please note I took this picture after she took her cosplay shoes off, that was quite unfair from me.


Sexy Mario by Haruhiism 


Sexy.... something! If you know where this character is from, please let me know!


League of Legends cosplay!


Awesome Assassin's Creed costumes and cosplay by the Ubisoft booth.


ORCS ARE SO SEXY! Who's with me?!?!?


Why hello there, femshep!


I was really happy to see a Ragnarok Online cosplay - brings back the nostalgia.


Awesome (and creepy) Morrigan!


More AC guys. Awesome detail!


Skyrim cosplay (I think) by Shirayuri


An awesome deer lady. If anyone knows who she is - please let me know!


LOVING the makeup! Cosplay by Calssara


If you want to see the full Album, which includes 100+ photos of figures from the merchandise sector, please click YES



I hope you guys enjoyed my little report. GamesCom was a crazy experience for me - there was good, there was bad (I almost broke my toe), there was crazy, intense, stress, relaxed and most important of all - BEER IS CHEAPER THAN WATER... wow Germany, wow. WP GG.



No comments :

Post a Comment