Skincare Tuesday: Heavy foods = depressed skin

9/23/2014

Hey dudes and dudettes,

Before I start off, I'd like to share this wonderful video with you guys 



It's pretty sad, but it also made me feel really good and like I can always be a better person. 
I always try my best to be nice to others and even when I'm feeling down, not to 'infect' others with it and just get better, because sadness is contagious and it only makes things worse for everyone. Being nice to people always makes you feel good. Even if you think it doesn't - just try it, it will help!


There's nothing better than being a positive nice person and see others as someone just like you.

Now, moving on to some skincare studies! 
The past few weeks for me have been absolutely terrible healthy habits-wise, as I dropped the gym and ate a lot of junk food. Like, a lot. Last weekend was my (super amazing) boyfriend's birthday and it was more or less cake and wine diet weekend. I ended up having one side of my face covered in acne and what seemed like a rash... I learned my lesson! ..though the cake was great. I'm not sure if I regret it enough to learn the lesson permanently.


Everyone has always been saying that what you eat will show on your skin, but I truly started appreciating it these past few weeks, where I've been a real pain in the butt to my skin. It really hates me now and I have a few days to fix it before Euro Gamer Expo 

So far a nice scrub:

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask (please keep in mind this product has a lot of mixed reviews online - it doesn't work for every skin, some people find it far too irritating. I've been one of the lucky ones to have great effects from it, but I don't use it often)

AHA Serum:

Mizon AHA 8% peeling serum

and moisturizer:

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack

These 3 products have been saving my skin pretty quickly!


Another thing I learned during this small 'experiment' (let's call it that, since I've learned something out of it) - if you have a peeling serum like the one above DO NOT use it as a normal serum. Normal serum would be applies after cleanser and toner. If you have an acidic peeling serum use it after cleanser and BEFORE toner and all the rest. If you have time just wash your face with a cleanser, put on the acidic serum and then do the rest a few hours later. Give some time for your skin to absorb the acids, let them do their job and then revitalize your skin with moisture. It's made a huge difference in my routine. image


I hope this is of some help to you guys, it will really make me feel better about eating all this bad food if it helped someone in the end
image

NOW BACK TO GOOD HEALTHY FOOD!image
Eat your veggies y'all 


No comments :

Post a Comment