Skincare Tuesday: Recommendations; August Favourites!

9/02/2014

Hello dudes and dudettes,
image

Today I wanted to go back to skincare for a bit and share these awesome new products I've been trying out for the past few months. I got a new batch of products 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier with my choices! image

It's a blessing and a curse that I buy new a new cleanser every time I run out. It's been extremely rare for me to buy the same product again, even if I'm really happy with it, because my logic is that there's always something better out there, waiting to be found. Thankfully, most of the times this theory of mine has been proven right. image

So here it goes, August favourites:

1. Etude House Wonder Pore Cleanser
image
I've been hearing things about these cleanser and how it really minimizes your pores. Even though I don't really care that much about minimizing my pores I got it just out of curiosity, since it says it does so many things, it can be confusing (Asian advertising... so different!).
The first thing I noticed is that it's VERY thick cream. It's not like normal cleanser - thin layer of liquid or foam, it's very thick, almost like shaving cream and it has a very nice smell of fresh flowers (I think?). I thought it was odd and would definitely recommend getting this product with the brush for it, usually sold separately, as they're really meant to go together. image
After a month of using it on a daily basis, I have to say this is one of the best cleansers I've used! It feels really refreshing, deep cleansing, but it also leaves the skin moisturised and soft. I may also be addicted to the smell. I also noticed less acne on my face while using it. I do get those like once or twice in a month, but not this month!




2. Missha Super Squa Marine Stem Serum
image
I am generally in love with all Missha creams. I highly recommend their Snail Cream and Serum, it's the best thing out there and totally worth the price. I ran out of the snail serum, so I decided to try the new Marine Stem Cell one, since it said it's more moisturising and I like that. I am, as always, one happy Missha customer. It smells nice, has a somewhat strange texture. One advice - don't put too much. One pump is more than enough for the whole face. Because of it's thin/dense texture I assumed I have to put more of it, but there's really no need - it's very easily spreadable. I definitely noticed the moisturising effect even after the first use. I use it twice a day.



3. LUSH R&B Moisturiser
image
I was at LUSH buying the Retread conditioner, because I read it goes really well with the Rehab shampoo I already have (it really does, especially in a night mask mixed together) and they gave me a small tester with this hair moisturiser. I never thought I'd be using something like a hair moisturiser, to be completely honest I didn't even know such a thing exists. I was happy to get any freebies of course, so I tried it immediately and OMG that smell. is. divine. In the tester tube I had enough for about 4-5 uses, so I kept using it after every shower on damp hair, just for the amazing smell, but by the time I was done with the tester pot I realised how soft my hair has becomes and way easier to style with it as well. It's almost like I have some control over my hair! ...and seriously, it smells so good.  I got so many compliments on how nice I smell while using it!


And these are my top products! I can go on forever with recommendations, really, so feel free to ask about anything in the comments below and I'll be happy to help in any way I can! 

image

No comments :

Post a Comment