MEMEBox! Introset #6 Seoul Style Review

2/28/2015

Hey dudes and dudettes!
image
I have yet another MEME Box review! Waiting on only 1 more MEME Box now and will probably never get the chance to review them again, since they seized shipping worldwide. You can Only get them in Asia (limited to Japan and Korea, I think) and USA now. Such a shame, I was a big fan. Mostly for the amount of money you save with boxes.


I think this introset is by far my favourite box though! I'm suuuper happy with it, both with the products and the amount of money saved. Hence I've decided to this time include the products RRP as well, to show the exact amount of money saved! I've been using all of the products for a week, so I'll have a lot more insight to share than last week, where I was a bit impatient and reviewed after a couple of days image




ReinPlatz Sheet masks! Soybean, Blueberry and Black Rice. RRP: Approx $2 each
I am wearing the Soyean one right now actually:


immediately after the mask (please be gentle, this is the first pic I've ever posted of me without makeup and filters... feels weird image ):


The only thing I have to say about this product is - you can never have enough sheet masks. Also, I generally prefer the 100% cotton masks now. Slightly off-topic but I've been trying out the Klairs 100% cotton soothing masks from WISH Trend and they are just divine. I know it's not for everyone though - I was discussing this with the ladies of /r/asianbeauty and it was really mixed - some people found that cotton masks fall off a lot and don't fit their face right and others were like me - the cotton mask fits me perfectly and doesn't fall off at all, it's the perfect match. So it really depends on your skin type and face shape, but I personally love them. image

Here's the ingredients:







Secret Key Baby Pig Collagen Jelly Pack. RRP: Approx. $13.99
This is an odd one. I've never used a Collagen before, let alone a jelly pack. It's basically like one of those sticky jelly pots you get as a kid that feel super yucky and gross but kind of awesome at the same time:

It's very liquidy. More liquidy than the jelly pots for kids, so it's easy for it to fall everywhere and get messy. It also smells divine. It's kind of like cotton candy with bubblegum type of smell and I love it. It says on the instructions that you shouldn't wash it off, so I use it as a night pack at the moment. I keep it last in my PM routine and put a little, but it really goes a long way. It looks super shiny and makes your face look wet, but on the touch it's not wet at all.

It absorbs way quicker than I thought it would, especially it you pat it, but your face will still look pretty wet after using it. In the morning I wake up with super soft, shiny, baby skin which means it lives up to its name! I'm really happy with it~

Ingredients:





IASO Intensive Clear Booster. RRP: $75

This thing costs $75. This is also the product that made me question the price of this box in the first place. I noticed the effect even after the first time of using and I was seriously impressed - my skin has never looked this good after one use of a product. It's either some miracle product or it works really well with my skin. So I wondered how much it costs, because I can see myself re-ordering it in the future and when I saw the price I was like... WHHAAATTT?!?!
The smell isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, but it's not too strong, so I'll live with it. I has a peeling effect which is meant to 're-texturize' your skin and help you with whatever your battling - be it oily or dry skin, hence it says 'all skin types' with active ingredient Salicylic Acid. I have to say it really lives up to the promise and I would also highly recommend it for anyone with acne. I haven't had a single pimple since I've started using it, which is unusual for my skin. Loving it! I use it after my toner and before my serum.


Ingredients:




Ferfree Ultra Facial Oil-free Gel Cream. RRP: I can't actually find it.

It looks like a dupe of the Kiehl's one. Down to the design of the bottle. So I'm assuming it's the same formula and everything. The Kiehl's one is about $50. I'm really happy with this one so far, as it's perfect for my skin type - it's not too heavy and it leaves the skin in perfect condition - not too creamy/moist and not too dry. I also like anything that comes in gel form. 



Ingredients (in Korean, sadly):




And the last product is CLIO Lipnicure Glass in #4 Born to kill. RRP: $22

This colour... is VERY bright! I'm still trying to master the ombre lips look, because you literally need one drop from this to do it. It's SO STRONG! 

It also stays on for super long time. I put it at 8am for work and at 6pm after eating 3 times I still had it on, mostly at the edges of my lips, which is a bit frustrating but it was still there. It's really hard to get rid of - even my Innisfree Apple Juicy Oil Cleanser had troubles. Here's a photo of it right after application and after eating:


As you can see it's super bright and it's barely any less after eating. However, the fork didn't feel that way:


Ingredients (Korean only):



Now, let's do the maths, considering I'm missing the price for one product, I will safely assume it's 2x cheaper than the product it's a dupe of so we'll have:
$2 x3 + 13,99 + 75 + 25 + 22 = $141.99

And I bought this MEME Box for $40 with shipping, which means I saved $101.99
WOW!!!

This is why I love boxes.

Let me know what are YOUR favourite boxes in the comments below - I'll be looking for new bargains, as MEME Box is not available for me now!


image

No comments :

Post a Comment