MEMEBox Valentine's Day 'Gifts for me' Review

2/21/2015

Hey dudes and dudettes,
image
I'm happy to announce I finally received my MEME Box today, one out of the 3 I ordered before they stopped shipping internationally. image

Which was also a decision I highly disagree with, but I honestly hope the numbers prove it to MEME Box and they re-open their shipping to the rest of the world again 

That aside, it's always a good morning when the postman comes knocking with a MEME Box in hand. I got the 'Gifts for Me' Valentine's Day special, because the other choice was sweets and treats, skincare shaped like candy, which would definitely work against my diet and me trying to stop munching on chocolate
image

Before we begin, I'd like to announce that my skin has changed. Yep, that happened. After years of battling dry skin after moving to the UK and switching to hard water I have finally balanced out my skin and gone back to normal!!! I would like to thank all these amazing Korean products that I've been using - they work! If you're curios to know how I found out - I noticed that my skin is oilier than usual and it's reacting badly to my creams for dry skin. I did the most secure test I know of - didn't use anything on my face, apart from water, for a day and then used an oil paper to see how much oil I have on the different parts of my face. I had little oil on the outer part of my face and a little bit more oil around my T-zone and nose to be specific. I was terrified and happy at the same time. My skin is normal!!! To all my dry-skin buddies out there: there's hope! You can do it! I believe in you 

Now, I'll continue my review with pictures! Because I have to show off my new camera lens and mini studio setting image






And here's all the products, one by one, with initial thoughts on them:



This BLUE cream by Secret Key is the first thing that caught my attention. I was in a need for a new brightening/moisturising cream and this was the perfect timing. On the box it says "The recipe cream with moisture color capsule". I got my box 2 days ago and I literally used it the moment I got it, so I've used it for the past 2 days, both in the morning and in the evening. It's a really gel-like consistency with small blue granules inside, that blend in and disappear when you put it on your face:


I thought the texture and granules are a bit odd, especially for a cream, not cleanser. But it works out really well. I haven't seen a huge difference quite yet, but it's definitely brightening, it moisturises well and it makes my skin feel smooth. I wouldn't say it moisturises a lot, probably not suitable for dry skin, but it's ideal for normal to oily. It also absorbs really quickly, due to the gel form. I have yet to figure out what happens to the blue granules though. Melt, perhaps?

Ingredients (in Korean only):







Up next is Caviar Ampoule by The First. It looks and smells very luxurious. The package says "A nutrition ampoule containing caviar that helps vitalizing dry and tired skin". I tried it twice, saw a slight brightening effect, a little bit like after using a My Beauty Diary Bulgarian Rose mask. It absorbs super quickly as well, so it's suitable for the morning, when you're in a rush and don't have time to wait on something to dry.


I'm not sure if I'll keep using it. I don't really have any other ampoules, just serums, but I am a little bit worried that it contains fragrance and alcohol. That's usually not a good sign.

Ingredients:





Up next is my second most favourite product of the box - Rose Mine Body Lotion by Whipping Milk. Doesn't it have the cutest packaging ever? I would put this pattern as my background or on my notebooks! It smells divine! Not so much of roses, really. Initially I thought it would be like one of these super strong rose oils that everyone is using and it gets boring really quickly, but this lotion has a more fruity smell, than rosey. There's definitely Passion Fruit in there, as it says in tiny letters on the back of the box and I think that's the most dominant smell. The ingredients are all in Korean, but I can make out that it's water-based and it has milk and passion fruit extract. Which is a little bit obvious, but I'm still proud I could make it out 

The smell stays on for quite long - I got a few compliments on it, even after 5 hours at work. It absorbs quickly, like all the products in this box, it would seem and leaves the skin soft and matte, not sticky at all.



Ingredients (Korean only):





Up next is the Criste-Marine Firming EYE Cream by Sevendrops. I'd like to point out I'm 24 and I barely use eye creams. I only have one roll on for moisture, but it's slightly starting to show, especially with make-up on. At first I thought I'd send this one to my mom, as it's obviously an anti-wrinkle and moisture cream, but then I remember reading on /r/asianbeauty that it's good to start sooner to kind of slow down the wrinkle process in general, so I think I'll keep it. It has a really rich texture, it takes a minute or two to blend in properly but it has a really soothing and cooling effect, I really enjoyed putting it on.

(excuse my week-old nails please)

Ingredients:





And last, but not least, the most fun product from the box! Peach Blossom Gel Perfume by Wannabe Romance. It sounds weird, right? I kept thinking 'Gel perfume?!?!?' I know of oil perfume, but gel is news to me. It has this silicone end which you use to apply it. I applied it on my wrists and neck like I would with a tester perfume. At first I thought it was pretty weak. It smells really nice - fruity and fresh, with a hint of sweetness, but my concern was that it wouldn't last, as it was so weak. I was wrong 


I put it on at 8am, before work and I could still smell it on my wrist at 6pm after work. Not to mention that it's super small, so it's easy to carry around and reuse during the day. I really like it, super cute item!


Ingredients:



And that's it! All the products from the Valentine's Day Special 'Gifts for Me' box 
I'm really happy with my purchase, as usual with MEME Box. What do you think of the products? Which one would use the most? Let me know in the comments below!


I hope you're all having a great weekend and thanks for reading
image


No comments :

Post a Comment