The Face Shop: Scalp Refreshing Mask review

7/15/2015

Hey dudes and dudettes,
image

Today I'll be reviewing the Scalp Refreshing Mask from The Face Shop.

I saw it on Recommended products at Jolse, so I decided to give it at go, as I'm currently in the process of slowly bleaching my hair and my scalp needs all the support I can give it!

Also, as learned on Get it Beauty - caring for your scalp is extremely important and it makes your hair healthier too! (if you can't watch this episode in your country, use Hola Chrome extension and change your country to US!)

(also, if anyone has seen those white/brown bottles anywhere, please let me know! They were the most praised product in this episode and I couldn't find them anywhere)

Ever since I saw this episode, I started using a separate shampoo for my scalp and my hair. For my scalp and roots I use a sulfate-free and silicone-free scalp shampoo with keratine, bought from Amazon and for my hair I use the Shea Moisture Shea Butter shampoo, it's also sulfate-free and I'm a big fan of this brand as all of their products are very natural and absolutely great. I'm on my 3rd bottle of shampoo I've used from them. I spent a bit of £££ on conditioner, as that's really important for me, as recommended by reddit/r/hair I went for a large bottle of Shiseido Tsubaki Damage Hair Repair Conditioner and I absolutely love it! It makes my hair soooo smooth and silky. I also use the conditioner AFTER I use my hair mask. A lot of people use the conditioner before hair mask, but I've found that doesn't work as well as shampoo > hair mask > conditioner. You always want your conditioner to be the last thing you put on your hair. image

Let's get started with the review!!!
image
I washed my hair, as usualy with my shampoos for scalp and hair, then rinsed out, towel dried it a little bit, then I started putting on the rich, creamy and suuuper minty Scalp Refreshing Mask. The moment I started putting it on my scalp and hair, I realised why it's called 'refreshing'. It has very heavy smell of mint and freshness. If you're not a big fan of the smell and feel of it, this is probably not your thing! I personally love it though. The whole time the mask was on my head I had this super chill sensation, like I'm brushing my scalp with my toothbrush. Also, there's small granules in the mask, it's not smooth or runny like other masks, it's very rich and has a texture, so I decided to rub it into my scalp for about 10min, like a scrub. There's no English instruction so that felt like the natural thing to do. image


After I was done massaging my scalp and putting a sufficient amount of the mask all over my scalp and hair I put my hair around in a donut shape and covered it in transparent foil. This is something I always do when dying my hair and using hair masks. It helps the product to stay in and develop as much as possible, by containing the temperature and goodness inside, without exposing it to outside factors. I also rarely put on the masks for 30min, as instructed. I leave it on for at least an hour and if I don't have the time to spare, I leave it overnight.



And finally on the last step - washing out the mask and seeing the results!
I have to say, I'll miss the minty cool sensation on my scalp, but it has to be done.
I always rinse for at least 5min, as you never know when there's some product left in your hair. And I hate it when that happens as it leaves your hair greasy and clumpy. You can even wash out your hair with lemon water if you want to go trough the trouble, I've heard great things about it and I've told myself that if I ever become so poor I can't buy my hair products any more I'll wash my hair with soda/lemon. Of course, you don't have to be poor to try this method out, a friend of mine is a strong supported of the nopoo way and her hair is absolutely amazing! image


Here's my hair after I washed the mask out and once it dried up. Also no, I almost never use hair dryer. I really dislike it and what it does to my hair. I'd even go to bed with wet hair sometimes, which I've heard is really bad... I also used some Argan oil on my hair, I always do after showers and once it dries up. The current one I'm using is from WISHTREND, it's not oily at all and I use it on almost daily basis.

(still a little bit wet at the end, as you can see)

I have to say, my hair feels super smooth and silky! It also smells of freshness. I'd even recommend this mask to my bf, as he loves fresh smells like these. I'd imagine it's really popular with guys in Korea.



Overall:
Does it 'refresh'? Yes
Does your scalp feel better? Yes
Does it smoothen the hair? Yes
Does it moisturise dry and damaged hair? No
Will I use it again? Yes, not sure if I'd buy it once I'm done though.
Rossi Rates: 7/10

Hope this was helpful for you guys. Let me know what you think and what your favourite hair masks or hair treatments are in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment