WISHTREND Haul Review and Favourites

7/21/2015

Hey dudes and dudettes,
image
How's summer treating you? Or winter if you're in Australia! ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

I'm not a big fan of humidity and hot weather. I'd take cold winter over hot summer any day.
But hey - when we don't like something, we do something about it! Staying cool, with the fan next to me and taking showers daily is keeping me sane. Probably not the best solution for my body, but it's been helping. Don't forget the scrub once a week in the summer and use moisturising soaps, as showering every day may be too harsh for your skin and leave it dry, but at the same time you don't want to give the chance for those dead skin cells and sweat to pile up.


On topic! I got myself a nice haul off WISHTREND recently, after watching Eunice Unni's videos:

This one's a bit long, but well worth it. If you don't have the time to watch all of it, look at the icon on the bottom left and just check the products you're interested in.


This one's shorter and more summer-orientated. 

The product I wanted to try the most was the Nightingale Toning Eraser (Original), as I've been looking for a good peel for a long time, something strong to use once a week and to give my skin that extra kick.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with it! I've only used it once, but my God - did it make a difference instantly! I applied 3 layers one after another and waited 5min before applying a serum. My face went really red and it was slightly tingly as I went for the Normal/Original formula, not mild or gentle. I went full out hehe~ o(*`・ω・´*)ノ

My skin became really shiny and smooth after I used it and on the next morning it was like BABY BOTTOMS. I had quite a few pimples and a massive zit on my cheek, which were almost gone overnight! I was so happy about that. My skin went from having a bad week to having a great day. I even made a super happy reddit post about it. 

Here's the ingredients:

Overall mark: 10/10 will definitely be buying more!


The next product I got is from the second video - the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Serum

I like Klairs in general, but don't super LOVE it. I know it's good, but I've never been amazed or super impressed with any of their products. They're gentle and don't break me out and don't do thins worse, but don't make a huge difference either, if that makes sense. It's kind of the same with this serum. I like it - I like the feeling it leaves and it definitely helps with acne, which is all I ask a serum to do. At first I thought it's a little bit like the OST Vitamin C serum so I put almost a whole pipette on my palm and spread it over my face, then I realised it's actually really oily! I didn't expect that, so I ended up putting too much on my face. 3-4 drops are more than enough.

Ingredients:
 

Overall mark: 8/10


Next is 23 years old Badesil Cream. One of my most favourite products of all time!!! I'm actually considering putting it in my HG - I want to see the long term effects first. 

It is recommended to use it as night cream and put on a few layers, which I've been doing, but I loved it so much I decided to use it during the day as well, since there's barely any sun in the UK, as you may know. First impression of it: it absorbs fast. I mean super fast. By the time I was done applying it my face was as if I don't have any cream on at all. So I put a few more layers of it on trouble spots, as recommended by Eunice on the first video. The next day my skin looked so much better - healthy glow, pimples calmed down and faded away and really soft to the touch. Even my boyfriend noticed a difference and he never really does. The only downside is that I don't find it super hydrating. If my skin needs extra moisture, I would put another moisturiser after this cream. I would imagine I'd never use it alone in the winter. For now I am finishing it with the Innisfree Real Olive Oil to keep the moisture in. 

Ingredients:

Overall Mark: 10/10 

Last product I bought was the Berrisom My Tripple Tint Balm. I also own the Berrisom Tattoo Lip and found it to be quite a quirky little item. It's great for going out, when I know I'll drink or eat, as it won't go off.

I got the Tripple Tint Balm in orange, you can see the colours on the side of the packaging in the triangles. What it's meant to do is do natural gradient on your lips. Here's how I apply it. As you can see, it's not very saturated, which was definitely a bit of a let down, but overall it's a great tint, very moisturising and the gradient is quite subtle. Great when you're going for more natural looks. It doesn't last trough food and drinks though. 

Overall mark: 6/10


I was playing around with mini studio backgrounds, so here's a bonus photo of my current top daily items:

Top left in the large tube is the Su:m37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick, which is probably the most hyped item on the internet. Everyone loves it. I like it too but don't find it quite as fascinating as everyone seems to believe it is. It's a good cleanser, it's a fancy packaging, but essentially I see it as a good facial soap in a very easy to use stick packaging. You can get equally good items, if not better for a lot less money, except they won't be in a fancy packaging. 

Bottom left is my most beloved Innisfree Olive Real Essential Rich Oil, which is an oil you leave on your skin. Not a cleansing oil, but a leave-in oil. I use 2-3 drops of it at the end of my rotation both AM and PM to keep all the products and moisture in. It's an absolute must-have for dehydrated skin! 

Next to it in the middle is the 23 years old Badesil Cream, which you already know about from above, next to it the Klairs Vitamin drop and behind poking from the flowers is the Toning Erased.

In the middle you can see the DEARBERRY Raspberry Lip Balm, which is my favourite lip balm ever! It's super moisturising, helps fix my chapped lips in minutes and I also use it as a little exfoliator: I put on a sufficient amount, leave it in for 2min, then take a cotton bud and use it to wipe it off my lips. You'll see all your dead skin from your lips on the cotton bud, it's amazing! Ater you're done put another small layer of the lip balm on and BAM, perfect lips. 

I hope this was helpful to you guys, I wasn't trying to be overly positive, but I think I ended up being super lucky with my purchase. I'm starting to think I know my skin so well, it's helping me shop all the right products for it. 


Have you bought things from WISHTREND before? At first I was only looking at their youtube videos, but now I'm a little bit addicted, as they have an interesting variety of products you can't find anywhere else online and they all come with very detailed instructions on how to use them. Also, loce Eunice! 


Let me know what you think and what your summer resolutions are in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment